Advancing medical science at UAlberta(From left) UAlberta medical researchers Sandy McEwan, Vivian Mushahwar and Christian Beaulieu
Federal, provincial funding for high-tech robotic arm and MRI scanners will further research that benefits people from head to toe.
A group of researchers, led by Christian Beaulieu and Sandy McEwan, received $5.5 million in CFI funding and $5.5 million in Research Capacity Program support to upgrade two pieces of equipment and purchase a new piece of equipment. In the Peter S. Allen MR Research Centre, the 1.5-tesla MRI scanner will be replaced with a 3-tesla MRI scanner, and critical upgrades will also be made to the 4.7-tesla MRI-the second-strongest MRI scanner in the country and one of only two MRIs in the world at that strength. This scanner can generate brain images of unprecedented quality.
- Advancing medical science at UAlberta [May 13, 2013]
- CIHR funding - Dr. Sanjay Kalra (ALS) [Aug 15, 2012]
- New CIHR funding [Jul 30, 2011]
- Congrats to Dr and Dr Lebel [Aug 13, 2010]
- University Hospital Foundation Annual Report [Aug 12, 2010]
- UofA Staff spotlight - MRI staffer drawn to U of A by forces at work [Jun 03, 2010]
- Strong presence at the ISMRM Annual Meeting 2010 [May 04, 2010]
- All news (or subscribe to XML)